Access 2000 and a lookup?

Neill 17:54 23 Jan 03
  Neill 17:54 23 Jan 03

I have a field that I type dates in. Can I create another field or a control in a form that will look at that date and input the day of the week? The date is the day an order was cashed and I have to then look at a calendar and type the day of the week. At present I use a combo box for the day so at least I only have to type the first letter but it is the looking up as to what is the day that is very frustrating. Any ideas would be gratefully received. Thanks. Neill

Neill 11:37 25 Jan 03

I'll answer this myself in case someone else is interested in the answer which is courtesy of another site.
Insert a Text box into a Form with it's Control Source =Format([YourDateFieldName], "dddd")
If you get #Name? go via the Code button on the toolbar to VB, select Tools, References and remove any ticks next to options with the word MISSING next to them. It should then work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…