Access 2000 help please

Idle And Wild 11:08 03 Apr 04

Ok, these are probably really basic things but I'm stuck with them!

Firstly, how do you create a report that will just take into account the form that I want it to? For instance, say I have fifty forms with my friend's job information on, can I put a button on the forms or something that will create a report for just that person instead of all fifty forms on one report?

Secondly, is it possible to insert a button or other medium that will read an e mail address off a different form and automatically send a copy of the details stored on the form with the button or other medium to that e mail address? If so how?

That's it for now. I've tryed looking online for help on these and I haven't found anything yet. Sorry for the confusing wording in there! Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

Sir Radfordin 11:15 03 Apr 04

For the first question you need to create a query that you can use as the data source for the report.

I will assume you have a unique ID of [ID] in the table and that the form is called [fr_job]. The form use table [tr_job] as its data source.

Create a new query and add in table [tr_job] add in the fields by double clicking them and then on [ID] you need to add this criteria:

[Forms]![fr_job]![ID]

*Change fr_job and ID to be whatever you have called the form and the unique field in your database.

You can do what you are asking in your second question but it will be fairly complicated. How will you know which 'other' email address the data is to be sent to?

Post back if you don't understand/I've misunderstood. If needed I can give you an address to send a copy of the database to. If you want to just click the yellow envelope to send me a message.

buddingprod 15:29 03 Apr 04

When you design the Query, Run it to see that it is extracting only the row of data you need (compared with the original Table).
Then change the design of the report to use the Query instead of the Table.

buddingprod 15:39 03 Apr 04

Design a Combo box on the form from which to select the email address you want to send to [from a table of email addresses], then use a button to start the emailing process (generating the report from the form and despatching the email with the report attached)... Yes, that is complicated, but I've succeeded similarly before.

Sir Radfordin 15:59 03 Apr 04

It isn't complicated to say what to do - but you have still failed to provide to say how it should be done.

"then use a button to start the emailing process"

And which button/process would that be?

Idle And Wild 00:39 08 Apr 04

Thanks Sir Radfordin, I've got the first problem licked. :-)

BuddingProd has the correct idea for the second part, I just need to know how to do it now. Any further help will be appreciated. Thanks people.

Sir Radfordin 09:08 08 Apr 04

You have an email about part one. I'll try and remember how you do part two since buddingprod failed to give us the answer ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…