Access 2000 'date sort'

kumarisblue 11:51 01 Jul 05

I have input dates into my database table in the short date formula for example: 01/07/2005. Can anyone tell me how to sort these dates in a chronological order? If i try to sort them as they are they just appear in ascending order using the first 2 numbers for example using the above date layout '01'. I have several different years on the database. How can the years and dates be sorted chronologically???

Help much appreciated thankyou!!!

Access genu 13:31 01 Jul 05

it sounds like you are recording the dates as text. This is why they are being sorted 01/01, 01/02 etc.

The easiest solution would be to see if you can convert the field in the table to a date field.

If this is not possibel then you could try either the format, or convert function in the query to convert the field to a date, then sort on that.

If you need any help on the convert or format function please post back here.

wee eddie 14:52 01 Jul 05

Display Database as a "Table"

Highlight the date column by Left Clicking it.

Right Click will open a box of which the top 2 alternatives are Sort Ascending & Sort Descending.

Click on whichever you want

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…