Access 2000 creating report HELP!!!!

Adding a new item to a report/form that was not in the original field list

Fellsider 15:51 02 Mar 05

Can you give a few more clues?

I have an existing report and have been asked to add a new field to the database which is to appear on the report, I am unable to add this new field as it doesn't appear in the field list which was created when I first designed the report. Is there anyway of adding this new field without having to re-do the whole report again?? I can add the field using the expression builder, although when in the preview screen of the report it only displays #Name? and not the required data.

recap 16:57 02 Mar 05

I think you would have to add the field from the table or query that the report is generated from.

Fellsider 10:19 03 Mar 05

If you go to help and select 'Add a field in design view'. Follow the instructions there and then re-run the report it should (?) be OK

Suggest you copy the original before you start in case it all goes pear-shaped.

Could you please expand please????

Fellsider 10:44 03 Mar 05

Load Access

click on Help
select top item:- Microsoft Access Help F1

A little box opens up,
in the white box type 'add field' and select search
in the next box select 3rd item 'Add a field in design view'
A secondary window will open at the right of the screen, follow the instructions then re-run the report.

I haven't actually tried this but the method seems OK

Thanks all for your help it worked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…