Accesing a remote computer

varney 14:20 08 Dec 06

I have just set up my mother in law with broadband, at times she get stuck and needs help, is there something simple (similar to PC Anywhere) I can use to look at what she sees on her computer?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:39 08 Dec 06

Remote desktop is already built into XP click here

anskyber 14:40 08 Dec 06
  varney 18:28 08 Dec 06

Thanks guys, however we are both running XP Home. varney

Madscot_uk 18:45 08 Dec 06

I recently discovered a website called logmein.com click here which requires a prog to be installed on the controlled computer, it can then be accessed & controlled from a web browser anywhere, using a set of passwords to access it.

I use it to access my home pc from university and so far it does what i need, which is basic control & being able to copy & paste text, i believe there is a paid version if u need to copy files etc

Ms

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:50 08 Dec 06

XP Home

Start - Programs - Accessories - Communication - Remote Desktop Connection.

Billawa 19:15 08 Dec 06

For what it is worth, I am running Windows XP Home. As an experiment I inserted the Windows disc and started to install "Remote Desktop Connection". The result was a message that the operating system, i.e. XP already had it installed on the computer. Seems to confirm Fruit Bat's original comment!

varney 20:46 12 Dec 06

thanks will try MSN

LastChip 20:52 12 Dec 06

click here

It's what I use to log on to my daughters XP Home PC when she's in trouble.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…