Accept review changes in word help

puma22 07:47 02 Apr 08

Hi I have been sent a document with reviews in little red boxes. I want to accept these but the option to do this on the tool bar is greyed out.
Can anyone help?

Cheers

Technotiger 08:39 02 Apr 08

Hi, although I can't promise to be able to give you an answer to your question, it would help a lot if you could provide rather more detail. What OS, what program are you using, what type of document etc. Then maybe someone here may have a starting point to work on.

johnnyrocker 09:27 02 Apr 08

possibly save elsewhere then edit?

johnny

puma22 14:03 02 Apr 08

System details are

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
4.30 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
1024 Megabytes Installed Memory
MS office 2003
I have been round the web and tried the fixes suggested. I am assuming that it is a setting within word that needs changing.
I've tried cutting and pasting to a new doc but the issue transfered.

Thanks

Technotiger 14:09 02 Apr 08

This is the bit I don't understand. What prefix are the documents. The norm being .doc or .txt or similar.

puma22 14:23 02 Apr 08

I'm not sure of the technical name but I produced a document in word, sent to a collegue who suggested changes. These appear in small boxes to the right of the text with dotted lines linking to the place in the text where the change is suggested. Some of these are useful changes and I want to be able to automatically make them. On the track changes toolbar at the top, the option to accept changes is greyed out.
I have been playing around with the document and find that when I type the new text in manually, it appears in green actually in the text and this I can accept. bit of a pain but I think is is probably just my lack of skills with how to use the editing features of word
Thanks

Technotiger 15:14 02 Apr 08

Very sorry, but although I occasionally use Word2000, I am not a Word expert so am unable to advise further.

I am sure there are others out there who can and will, offer their advise when they see this thread.
Though probably, at this time of day. many will be at work.

puma22 15:28 02 Apr 08

Thanks anyway!
I made the changes manually which rather defeats the object of it. Hopefully someone can advise so that I am better equipped next time.

Technotiger 16:30 02 Apr 08

OK - thanks for the feedback anyway.

Cheers.

Woolwell 17:56 02 Apr 08

In Word 2003 the boxes show what the other person (the reviewer) has amended in your doc. If you open the Reviewing toolbar then there are the options Original, Original showing mark-up, Final showing mark-up and Final. Select Final and the boxes will go and you have effectively accepted the changes. It may be wise to save it under a new file name is you are worried about losing anything.

There are 4 symbols on the review toolbar and one of them is to accept the changes. I assume that this is the one that is greyed out.

Hope that this helps.

Have a look at Word help too.

puma22 19:03 02 Apr 08

Thanks for the response.

this worked in part as choosing final made the red boxes go. However, it did not change my original text for the new text and left me with the original document.

Cheers

PS spent ages with word help and ms knowledge base

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…