accented letters in Greek Word 2003

johnincrete 04:30 10 Dec 09

Normally, Word puts an accute accent over a letter using CTRL + ' then the letter (it does not work here!)

When I type Greek, I can use either the font GraecaII or by changing the language from EN to EL. Then the inbuilt Word facility does not work.
GraecaII does not have accented characters that can be inserted by Insert/Symbol and so I cannot assign a shortcut as I have done in Times New Roman.

Any ideas?

rawprawn 07:50 10 Dec 09

I don't know about Greek, but I use this when typing French click here
It covers accent acute, but I don't know if it is the same in Greek.

johnincrete 08:27 10 Dec 09

No problem putting accent on "normal" letters - its when using Greek characters that are so different.

Maybe I'll have to get a new keyboard the same as my daughter's that has English & Greek characyters on it. She uses Shit + Alt to change language from EN to EL and then Shift + the character where : is on my keyboard but is ' on hers and then the letter.

Graphicool1 13:59 10 Dec 09

On my keyboard I put my thumb on the 'Alt' button then press the 'e' and ' together to get é this.
However this doesn't work if your keyboard is set up in US, as most are by default. You have to reset them to English.

johnincrete 15:49 10 Dec 09

Yes, it does on mine but NOT when typing Greek - see earlier posts by & to Rawprawn
Also, it does not work when accenting the letter a in EN

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5