Ac97 Sound problem

encriptor 12:27 02 Jan 03
  encriptor 12:27 02 Jan 03

Hi
I have recentley purchased ga7xp motherboard from gigabyte.But the onbaord sound card dosnot work propley.Im only getting sound out of one speaker.The sond card is AC97 onboard sound card.I
am runnig under windows 2000.I have tried a number speakers to if the problem had to do with any of them.But the problem is still there.
Many thanks
K

Maughan 12:45 02 Jan 03

Me too!

I have posted full details of my problem at click here (but no responses yet...)

I don't wish to hijack your post but is that the sort of problem you are experiencing?

Are you getting sound from any of the other speakers at all? (Have you tried the "Speaker Test" under the AC97 set-up window? That can help to eliminate whether it is the speakers themselves or the connections.)

You could try updating the driver(s) in Device Manager. Or try an uninstall and reinstall of the driver(s) that you already have.

Maughan

noida 20:39 03 Jan 03

havin probs with same sound card (AC'97). no sound at all. how do i undertake the speaker test.

DieSse 20:45 03 Jan 03

It's more than likely the connector on the back of the motherboard - make sure the plug is pushed right in - the last mm or two can be very tight. Also try roating the plug, against a poor connection inside the socket - very common.

RJay 20:46 03 Jan 03

I had problems recently with AC'97 and eventually managed to fix it by downloading the drivers from CD to HD and reinstalling them from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017