AC adapter

catlodge 15:13 01 Jan 04

I need to find out where I can purchase an AC adapter 12V/4.16A for my TNT AOC monitor.

Has anyone any ideas?

howard60 15:24 01 Jan 04

try maplins

hugh-265156 15:25 01 Jan 04
  Peanut001 15:56 01 Jan 04

definatly maplins, they are gods answer to most electrical purchase requirements

I recommend you only use an approved adaptor from

click here

Stuartli 16:13 01 Jan 04
  Arnie 16:39 01 Jan 04

Before you consider any power supply adaptor for any kind of electronic equipment, consider the following.

Check that the type of voltage output plug matches the input socket of the monitor.

Check that any supplied adaptor can be polarity switched to match the correct +ve -ve of the monitor.

Modern equipment is often reverse polarity protected, but don't bank on it.

Check the voltage and current output. If you are going to use the monitor for long periods, make sure the adaptor has some reserve current in hand.

If buying from abroad remember to watch the mains supply voltage, although switch mode power supplies are usually quite tolerant.

If you are unhappy about any of the preceding then follow [email protected]@m's advice and use the correct adaptor.

catlodge 17:52 01 Jan 04

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question, have tried Maplins and they dont stock them, will now try AOC when they reopen on Monday.

Thanks Shelagh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…