absolutely remove Paint Shop

wogglie dogglie 21:57 19 Jan 03
  wogglie dogglie 21:57 19 Jan 03

Downloaded trail of PAINT SHOP removed it .....but..every time I go to open any thing my computer [FRED ] looks for paint shop , even wants me to explore recycle bin with it

spikeychris 22:06 19 Jan 03

When you say "open anything" is this any image ie: .JPG or is it anything??

If its an image right click on it and "click open with"

If not have you run a search for all P.S and deleted it.

Removing from the registry should be a last resort because if you remove it now Windows will not be able to find any reference.

michelleuk 22:08 19 Jan 03

How did you delete it?

If you use the PSP uninstall system some parts may remain and you need to click on find type in the progamme and delete any remain files. It is the same if you use the add/remove button, clcik on the item and it should delete but there are times when it says something wasn't deleted and for you to do it manually. If so, click on find and delete any remaing folder.

If that doesn't work, and I'm being told the same as yourself, I go to run, type in misconfig, then clcik on startup, scrol down to the programme and then take the tick out of the box.

If the note still crops up I don't know what to suggest, as all of the above have sorted my problems most of the time. You could of course install it again and uninstall by a different method to how you originally deleted it.

spikeychris 22:23 19 Jan 03

Good points, after that..
Go to Windows Explorer, View, Options, File Types
and highlight all the programs that have the P.S extension. Reallocate each it's correct extension, theres some websites that will advise,

wogglie dogglie 22:24 19 Jan 03

OS WIN 98 won't open JPG deleted through add remove , but 'find' does not produce any folders

michelleuk 18:32 20 Jan 03

Are you saying your computer will not open any jpeg images now you have deleated PSP? You do have other image systems such as microsoft editor? What message do you get when you try and open an image? And you are certain you do have the image on your system, - I once spent hours trying to find an image that I thought was on my computer, turned out I hadn't copied it properly from the CD!

jazzypop 18:43 20 Jan 03

If you have another graphics program that you would rather use, uninstall then reinstall it - this will re-associate your graphics files with that program, rather PSP.

If you don't have a particular graphics program in mind, I recommend that you download IrfanView. This has a very helpful installation routine, and gives you full control over which type of graphics and mutimedia files it will open.

IrfanView can be found at click here

wogglie dogglie 21:32 20 Jan 03

Thank you

wogglie dogglie 21:44 20 Jan 03

Irfan view is great thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…