Absolute Beginner Please Help

cbryanp 19:08 12 Dec 06

Hey so i was wanting to set up a wireless connection for my laptop but not sure how to go about it at all. My dad got a free BT Voyager 2110 Wireless Broadband ASDL Router from work but we are on NTL so im assuming it wont work? If not can you advice any that would be compatible and reasonably priced. Another laptop will probably be purchased in January as well. At the min i have a HP Pavilion zv6000

Cheers

mgmcc 20:21 12 Dec 06

If you have NTL's Cable service (because NTL provide both Cable and ADSL), then you need a wireless "Cable/DSL" router. Don't confuse the reference to DSL with routers that incorporate an ADSL modem.

Suitable models at click here

cbryanp 20:25 12 Dec 06

click here

thanks for the quick reply, would this be suitable? is there anything else i would need?

mgmcc 09:18 13 Dec 06

That would be fine. If your laptop is already "wireless enabled", you don't need any additional hardware. Otherwise, any computers that need to connect wirelessly need to have a Wireless Network Adapter installed.

You can still connect to a wireless router by ethernet cable and connections can be mixed - "wired" and "wireless". They will all still communicate over the network.

Strawballs 00:23 14 Dec 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…