Aboutbuster run error message

miserymik 21:20 12 May 05

After downloading Aboutbuster (thanx to notgeeks), I get an error message when I try to run. message is :- Run time error 339. Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX or one of it's dependentcies not correctly registerd. A file is missing or invalid. Where am I going wrong? Yet again many thanx for any help.

Diodorus Siculus 07:55 13 May 05

Component MSCOMCTL.OCX or one of its dependencies not currently registered ...
click here

miserymik 23:55 13 May 05

Managed to download mscomctl.ocx but i think it's in the wrong place. When i tried to run REGSVR32MSCOMCTL.OCX got the message "windows cannot find REGSVR etc". Pretty sure no mis-types from me. MSCOM is in Program files so it downloaded. How do I move it to C\WINDOWS? Also do I have to unzip it? If not too much trouble could anyone give me precise details how to carry out the task. Sorry to be such a pain but I suppose we all have to start somewhere. Thanks.

Diodorus Siculus 06:52 14 May 05

You need to type:

With a space as above.

Diodorus Siculus 06:53 14 May 05

You need to type:

With a space as above.

miserymik 16:24 15 May 05

Tried but get the message:- LoadLibrary ("MSCOMCTL.OCX") failed. GetLastError returns 0.00000485....Also whenever I connect to web I get virus alert from AVG :- C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\SE.DLL. Trojan horse startpage.19.J... Have tried HEAL and VIRUS VAULT but it keeps coming back. Can I delete the damned thing? Thanks.

VoG II 16:30 15 May 05
  miserymik 22:20 15 May 05

Still no joy. Both housecall & panda scans would'nt work due to ActiveX. Counterspy, spybot & Ad aware found 125 suspicious objects between them. Deleted the lot but my (sons) uninvited guest still remains in situ. AVG STILL throws up the warning as before. Moved to virus vault but back it came! On the verge of taking to a pro, but would like to solve without having to admit defeat. Where next? Beginning to lose the will to live! (along with computer which now seems to crawl everywhere....) Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…