about:blank hijacked me

Cesare 16:57 23 Mar 06

I have been trying for over a week to rid my computer from this pest which has taken over part of my HD used as Guest. I have tried the following without success. Ewido, Trend Micro, CW shredder, A squared, MS Windows Difender, Spybot, Symantec Backdoor agent tool, Lavasoft Adaware & also have Spywareblaster. I also tried on Safe Mode. About{blank vanishes for a while and then crops up again, taking over Internet Explorer and nothing works when I click. I joined a forum at click here, as I also installed HijackThis and was hoping for some instructions as to how to rid myself of this hijacker but I have had no reply yet. It is exhausting !!!

The Kestrel 17:01 23 Mar 06

There are people, who are members of this forum, who have the skills to remove this piece of malware, as they did for me. Just keep checking your thread, I am sure they will come to your aid shortly.

Cesare 17:09 23 Mar 06

The Kestrel......thank you. I forgot to mention that I also took off Restore in case it restores itself, but still no joy.

VoG II 17:12 23 Mar 06

Have you tried click here

Try posting your HJT list on the Malware Removal forum

Cesare 17:30 23 Mar 06

VOPG....yes I tried Symantec backdoor agent removal tool, too. but it did not find About:blank. My only hope is some help from this HijackThis people.

terryf 17:37 23 Mar 06

Have you tried vcleaner.exe from AVG, download to a floppy, rename it, boot up in safe mode and run it, may help, maybe worth a try

skidzy 18:05 23 Mar 06

Cesare....Something for you to try.....Click the link below and download the Registry Optimiser version.
Its a free trial with no limits.If you decide to buy the product,you will find it is not much difference to the trial version except the trial version will only clean 10 errors at any one time.
Once downloaded,run the registry scanner (tick all boxes)...You will have to rescan and repair under the trial version as like i said it will only repair 10 errors at once.
Once you have scanned,goto the advanced tools and optimise your Internet Explorer again tick all boxes.
Ive used this program for 2 years to very good effect.
You may well be surprised how good this program is.click here

Something else to try,this will notify you of any changes to your start up entries and anything trying to install and change your settings.click here

Cesare 18:57 23 Mar 06

VOG... I registered with malwareRemoval. com but had so my trouble with them as they repeatedly did not recognize my password etc. Will try them again.

terryf.... I tried AVG vcleaner with no result.

skidzy.... will try registry optimezer and advise. Thanks to all.

VoG II 19:01 23 Mar 06

If Malware Removal is no good click here

Cesare 08:54 24 Mar 06

VOG Unbelievable but I cant go in this site to register because as soon as I click Register, I keep getting, 'The page cannot be displayed'. I tried several times. Will try again later.

Cesare 16:50 24 Mar 06

VOG I have registered on both malwareremover and computertrouble and posted my problem. Hopefully some reply will be forthcoming as my computer becomes sluggish at times and is annoying.
thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…