about:blank --- again

Newuser2162 22:08 07 Jan 05

I have been having problems with this thing!!!. Before posting I have searched and had a look at the other about:blank threads. Ive tried all the suggested software such as cwshredder, kavspersky etc over the last few days, nothing has zapped it.
The sort of remedies that Nellie2 & Mark2 ? give are way beyond me, what can I do now? Someone, (not on this forum) has suggested PCcillin, does anyone have any experience there?
I am running Win98SE, would formatting & clean re-installation get shot of it, I could cope with that as I only have My Docs & MS Outlook data to save. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Jackcoms 22:10 07 Jan 05

Download and run click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:17 07 Jan 05

click here try microsoft's new antispyware

Eargasm 22:22 07 Jan 05

I would reccommend going down the Nellie2 route, she sorted it for me. click here

joethebow 22:48 07 Jan 05

OK I think you have been attacked by spyware, as I was some time ago. What I did was this.

1. Install and run Addaware & Spybot. These got rid of the immediate attack. However a short while later it was back.

2. Loaded Hijackthis. It's not a simple piece of software to run but it killed the attack never to reapear again.

You can find all 3 pieces of free software by searching Google.

If you want advice on what to do with Hijackthis email me.

Nellie2 22:48 07 Jan 05

The fix for W98 is different to that for XP.. Apart from that, each AB fix is different anyway because the malware files are different. I would need to see a hijackthis log to be able to give you some advice. See click here for instructions and click here for a download link

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…