about:blank

brigtoo 29 Apr 11
Answered

when i log into pc advisor shop the address bar briefly shows about:blank before it changes to the shop address. has my pc an infection or the pcadvisor site.

buteman 29 Apr 11

Give Hitman Pro a run to see if it finds any problems.link text

Woolwell 29 Apr 11

It may be advert related.

Woolwell 29 Apr 11

My browser does it too (very briefly). I haven't an infection and I am pretty sure that PCA does not. More likely to be advert or new site related.

brigtoo 30 Apr 11

have run hitman pro, nothing found. i have now noticed that it happens on other sites. if i go to tripadvisor, the main page is ok but any link clicked shows about:blank briefly before it changes to correct address and opens correctly

wee eddie 30 Apr 11

I'm sure that someone will tell me I'm wrong but, isn't this what normally comes up in the Address Bar when you click a 'shortened link' and as the correct link is made.

Woolwell 30 Apr 11
Answer

I don't think that it is anything to worry about.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message