About:Blank

Tycho 19:56 10 Sep 08

I have been having difficulty with BBC iPlayer this evening.

At about 15 minute intervals the iPlayer stops working in that no further sound is heard. I have tried to restart it several times and on more than one occasion I have seen About: Blank appear in the address bar of the small iPlayer window. Does this mean that the computer is infected with About: Blank or am I panicking unnecessarily?

I am running an AVG whole computer scan but it has not come up with anything yet.

Tycho

Tycho 20:12 10 Sep 08

The AVG scan has completed and has shown warnings for loads of tracking cookies but nothing else.

T

mgmcc 22:28 10 Sep 08

About:Blank is the address used for a blank page in the web browser. I don't like having a "home page" in my browsers, I prefer them to open with a blank page so, in the settings, my home page is set to "About:Blank".

Tycho 17:13 11 Sep 08

That is a relief. the only other time that I had seen about:blank was when a collegues laptop had a particularly nasty infection.

T

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…