about.blank

dabthoms 16:15 15 Aug 06

I usually have Yahoo as my homepage using IE. Recently one of my grandchildren, in IE, opened Tools, clicked Internet Options, and clicked one of the buttons, of which there are three (Use Current, Use Default or Use Blank) for setting the homepage. They clicked Use Blank. This has changed my homepage to about.blank. No matter how often I change it back to click here it returns to about.blank. I have Norton SystemWorks and WinPatrol telling me my homepage is trying to change and I keep saying No don't want it changed. I physically enter the address of the page I want and it still reverts to about.blank. Help to resolve this desperately required.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:17 15 Aug 06

I have Norton SystemWorks and WinPatrol telling me my homepage is trying to change and I keep saying No don't want it changed.

Yes you do want it changed, its Norton and winpatrol that are changing it back everytime.

VoG II 16:18 15 Aug 06

Try click here and lock it.

OR click here

dabthoms 16:35 15 Aug 06

Thanks VoG™ you saved my sanity. Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees! I'm grateful you pointed out the obvious. I just kept on doing the opposite of what I should have done. I stil downloaded the program you indicated as well.

yaesu 17:19 15 Aug 06

Hi, for what it's worth Spybot can also lock your homepage and also change the "header" at the top of the page, just click mode and advanced. regards, yaesu

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5