about:blank

007al 01:20 31 Jan 06

In the bottom left of IE page,when a site is loading,it comes up with the above name before the site name.I know about:blank can be a highjacker,but my home page is ok.The sites open up slowly,so im thinking this is not right.Anyone know of a tool to fix it?AVG,Spycatcher A Squared,Adaware and Ewido have found nothing.

Gringo2005 07:28 31 Jan 06

click here

Try CWShredder, might be a CoolWeb hijack attempt

rawprawn 09:05 31 Jan 06

There is a hijacker called about blank, but I think the one you are seeing is part of Windows. I had it myself at one time and did some research on the net. It turned out to be harmless, srangely it has since disappeared.
I will have another look at about:blank

rawprawn 09:10 31 Jan 06

click here scroll down and look at the screenshot of how the hijack version of about blank shows. The other suggestion by
Gringo2005 is a good one and if you have the malware that should get rid of it.

007al 17:58 31 Jan 06

Thanks,ran CWShredder,and came up clear.
rawprawn,you say you had it,and its now disappeared.Ive had no browser highjacks,but it just seems to take longer to load a page up and about:blank shows before the web address shows.In the time about:blank shows,the page stays white for around 4 or 5 seconds,which made me think something was wrong.

jacqueline_1969 18:51 31 Jan 06

I like this scanner for adware and spyware removal. It gives manual removal instructions for anything it finds. It is completely free.

click here

My homepage click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced