About using larger monitors?

myfoot 12:44 23 Apr 07

My machine Dell Dimension 2300, came with a 15" Flat and I recently replaced it with a 19" Flat. Have it about 2 months now and am happy with it.

My question is: Is the size of monitor one can use limited by the graphic chip/card on the PC. There's obviously more work involved in filling a big screen that a smaller one. A friend was asking me about getting a larger monitor and I was wondering is there a way to know what the limits of any graphic card/chip are.
Thanks

Kate B 13:10 23 Apr 07

Yes, it is, but only really if you're trying to play games at the higher resolution.

Stuartli 13:22 23 Apr 07

>>is there a way to know what the limits of any graphic card>>

Right click on an empty area of the Desktop>Properties>Settings tab>Advanced button>Adapter tab>click on List All Modes button.

This will fully detail all the resolution/colour/refresh rates your graphics card will support; you can also use the list to select your preference by highlighting and clicking on it.

Ensure Windows is Enabled to keep the chosen setting without a reboot.

myfoot 13:32 23 Apr 07

Thanks for that info.
My screen is currently working at 1280X1024 32bit 60Herz, which when I looked under ""Desktop>Properties>Settings tab>Advanced button>Adapter tab>click on List All Modes button.""" is the highest setting there except for different Herz settings. So were I to go for 21" I my screen content would remain the same except the image would be infact worse/rougher. Pixels would be bigger.

Stuartli 14:41 23 Apr 07

If you have a TFT monitor (which I presume is meant by "flat"), these have a native resolution - others can be used but the display is normally not as good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video