about to order dell - got a question

Super Frankie Lamps 22:22 15 Nov 05

i am about to order a dell dimension with 19" flat panel that is advertised as £572. I have fiddled about with the various configuration options, but cannot find any option for an ethernet 10/100 card which i am told is what i need to hard wire a broad band connection from my belkin router. first of all, is this info right, and second, does anyone know if this port comes as standard with dell?

thanks all

woodchip 22:28 15 Nov 05

Answer! Rather you than me.

Super Frankie Lamps 22:31 15 Nov 05

thanks for that, really helpful. glad you qualified your comments as well. oh no, you couldn't be bothered.

Skills 22:33 15 Nov 05

Nearly all motherboards have a network port built onto the board itself now whats the model number of the dell your looking at?

If you want to double check then give dell a ring and check with them.

De Marcus™ 22:33 15 Nov 05

For a new pc to come without ethernet built in would be for a camel to have no lumps and look like a mouse!

Helpful

qualified

bothering

yes.

dan11 22:34 15 Nov 05

Yes, I am 99.999% sure it will come with a lan /ethernet connection on the motherboard.

Dell make first class machines and I am sure you will be pleased with it.:-)

Skills 22:35 15 Nov 05

Sorry should have answered yes you will need an ethernet port to have a wired connection to your router but if the model you are looking at doesnt come with a network card they are not expensive to purchase or hard to install.

woodchip 22:36 15 Nov 05

The reason is that if you have problems after the Warranty runs out you will have to buy there expensive components as Standard ones don't fit very often in there computers. may get you thinking as it will break eventually as sure as eggs are eggs

Super Frankie Lamps 22:37 15 Nov 05

Skills, the model is 5150 and the e code is NPUK5-D11516c. comes in at 572 when added to basket.

De Marcus, thanks for that. Humpless camel, hmmm. :)

Dan. Cheers, sure i will.

De Marcus™ 22:38 15 Nov 05

Just checked, all the dimension (uk) models come with 10/100 ethernet installed as standard.

Super Frankie Lamps 22:39 15 Nov 05

thanks for the follow up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…