About my PC and How to Fix it

aabby.barber 07:47 05 Jun 13

Hello, I have an HP Pavilion G6 laptop, I reset my PC but it deleted everything I have. How would I be able to fix it? Thank You...

Chronos the 2nd 08:12 05 Jun 13

If you reset your PC and by that I am assuming that you mean that you did a factory reset. Which in effect means it is as it was when you bought it.

But as you backed up all your personal files you don't have a problem, right. If you did not back anything up then the chances are you have lost everything.

But not being fully knowledgeable on how these resets work I may be wrong, but I suspect I am not.

aabby.barber 08:14 05 Jun 13

I clicked on PC Reset which deleted everything.. Apps, Pictures, and more but now it wont allow me to download any apps.

Chronos the 2nd 08:19 05 Jun 13

Can you give a few more details of the laptop. On the silver sticker on the bottom of it there will be a bit more detail of the model number rather than just Pavilion G6.

Chronos the 2nd 08:20 05 Jun 13

Is this it? HP.

Nontek 08:24 05 Jun 13

If you have in fact restored to factory defaults, then yes I agree with the others, you will have lost everything.

However, we are only guessing, not knowing exactly what you have done. If you can get into Safe Mode (re-start laptop and keep pressing F8) you might be able to do a System Restore back to before you click on PC Reset.

rdave13 09:02 05 Jun 13

If Win 8 you will need to have a Microsoft account to use as user name to log in so you can use the apps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…