About my PC and How to Fix it

aabby.barber 07:47 05 Jun 13

Hello, I have an HP Pavilion G6 laptop, I reset my PC but it deleted everything I have. How would I be able to fix it? Thank You...

Chronos the 2nd 08:12 05 Jun 13

If you reset your PC and by that I am assuming that you mean that you did a factory reset. Which in effect means it is as it was when you bought it.

But as you backed up all your personal files you don't have a problem, right. If you did not back anything up then the chances are you have lost everything.

But not being fully knowledgeable on how these resets work I may be wrong, but I suspect I am not.

aabby.barber 08:14 05 Jun 13

I clicked on PC Reset which deleted everything.. Apps, Pictures, and more but now it wont allow me to download any apps.

Chronos the 2nd 08:19 05 Jun 13

Can you give a few more details of the laptop. On the silver sticker on the bottom of it there will be a bit more detail of the model number rather than just Pavilion G6.

Chronos the 2nd 08:20 05 Jun 13

Is this it? HP.

Nontek 08:24 05 Jun 13

If you have in fact restored to factory defaults, then yes I agree with the others, you will have lost everything.

However, we are only guessing, not knowing exactly what you have done. If you can get into Safe Mode (re-start laptop and keep pressing F8) you might be able to do a System Restore back to before you click on PC Reset.

rdave13 09:02 05 Jun 13

If Win 8 you will need to have a Microsoft account to use as user name to log in so you can use the apps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced