about to move house need new broadband supplier

howard60 22:23 09 May 04

Hi at present I am on NTL but am about to move to an area with no cable but adsl enabled bt line. As an impoverished pensioner I need the best deal I can get. Could a few suggestions be forthcoming - cheers.

DJ-Garry 22:27 09 May 04

tiscalli are supposed to be ok

Djohn 22:30 09 May 04

A good place to start is here click here Look through the forums and do the comparison test where you can select up to 6 ISP's each time.

I'm with Zen and cannot fault them in any way. They will have you on-line in 3-5 days of placing your order. Plusnet also gets very good reviews. Good luck with your choice.

Spook Tooth 23:09 09 May 04

Freedom 2 Surf are good. Excellent customer service and affordable at £22.50inc per month for 512/256 RADSL service. They were doing free connection when I signed up. (Activation is still free by the looks of it.)

click here

They now have 4 packages, depending upon what speed/amount of downloadable data you want:

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:24 10 May 04

Forget all the above advice....introduce yourself to your neighbours and ask them who they use. There is too much variation from area to area to give a definitive answer. For example, I use Tiscali BB and get excellent speeds and service at all times, yet there are others, in different areas, who have completely the opposite experience.

Pesala 09:08 10 May 04

This service for £14.99 a month might suit you if your usage is light. It's a full-speed broadband service, but specially intended for light usage. You get 10x dial-up speed, for about 4 hours a day.

click here

howard60 21:42 11 May 04

Thanks all - I checked with the new neighbours and Bulldog came out tops. I have signed up with them and must now wait for 10 to 15 days to get it up and running. I cannot understand this delay for connection to an adsl enabled site which had previously had bb connected. It should just be throwing a switch!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…