about : blank

jarani 12:49 18 Jul 07

is there a free and safe way to remove this nuisance please ? - jarani

crosstrainer 12:51 18 Jul 07

Will get rid of this, but you get what you pay for... click here

VoG II 13:03 18 Jul 07
  jarani 18:00 18 Jul 07

crosstrainer - as you say get what you pay for

VoG - very complicated - not sure if I can manage the procedure - will try later - jarani

skidzy 18:39 18 Jul 07

Though not guaranteed,as this maybe in depth on your system.
Try the CWS first and see how you get along click here

Though you may well need to follow the instructions given by VoG™.

If you are not confident enough to use the manual method,maybe this will help.
Scroll down to AUTOMATIC REMOVAL METHOD click here

beynac 18:44 18 Jul 07

What are your symptoms? You can see 'about:blank' in reports etc. but it doesn't necessarily mean that you have an infection. I would be surprised if you have the 'about:blank' infection as it is pretty rare these days.

jarani 21:42 18 Jul 07

beynac - thank you for the interest

when I open IE, I am set up for a blank page as my home page, if I type in any address this is not acted on until after a minute or two "about:blank" appears in the address line and I have to retype the address again for it to register

I aM NOT SUFFICIETLY EXPERIENCED TO KNOW IF THIS IS A VIRUS OR IS THE WAY COMPUERS WORK - sorry I pressed the caps key in error

I also have Firefox brouser and that works normally although that is also setup for a blank page as my home page but the address line is clear at all times - jarani

beynac 22:12 18 Jul 07

"about:blank" is the name of a blank page in either browser. If you type this into the address bar in either browser and press Return, you will get a blank page. IE7 will continue to show "about:blank" in the address bar whilst Firefox will have a blank address bar.

So, that explains some of your symptoms but not why you have to retype addresses in IE. However, I'm pretty sure that this isn't caused by an infection.

I don't know why it is happening but I will look into it.

jarani 23:15 18 Jul 07

beynac - many thanks - I am pleased to hear that this is not an infection - jarani

Bob The Nob© 23:50 18 Jul 07

In windows 95, you could put about:message and the word message would appear, you would type sentences in there too!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…