About: blank

gw 07:10 24 Aug 04

Does anyone know about the hijack rogue that puts a blank Microsoft screen on your monitor marked "About: blank" and how do you get rid of it?

gw

Lionheart ? 07:20 24 Aug 04

Have a read click here
or click here

gw 07:46 24 Aug 04

Thanks for your response, Lionheart. But the 'read' is no more than that.I've tried all the suggestions made. Far from a solution to my query.

gw

Lionheart ? 07:57 24 Aug 04

Sorry. Try a Google search or wait for some better information from other forum members, who will no doubt be able to give you the answer.

gw 08:09 24 Aug 04

I have done all that too. Google skirts round the problem. Have been onto a number of forums. Nobody knows but plenty are affected.

gw

VoG II 08:14 24 Aug 04

Download Ad-aware click here and update it. Restart your computer in safe mode an run an Ad-aware scan.

jonnytub 08:17 24 Aug 04

download hijack this from click here and post the log here in two parts and double spaced.

gw 08:25 24 Aug 04

Oh, no!! Ad-Aware SE+ is a carrier of that hijack. Lavasoft are looking for a remedy. If you can, revert to version 6. The new update has other side effects, such as freezing graphics programs like Corel Painter. No good proposing courses of action that have no bearing on a problem, particularly if they can have aggravating effects! jonnytub, the Hijack app is not a problem solver and should be handled with care - the pgm tells you so!

gw

VoG II 08:28 24 Aug 04

"Ad-Aware SE+ is a carrier of that hijack."

Erm - where did you get that from.?

Running Ad-aware in safe mode is a known method of removing some variants of this hijacker.

Lionheart ? 08:33 24 Aug 04

Don't have a problem with Ad-Aware SE.

jonnytub 08:47 24 Aug 04

Hijak this is a tool to aid you in problem solving. Download and use if you wish, if you don't want to, so be it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…