Is Abode Flash Player installed or not?.

spuds 12:29 27 Sep 14
Answered

I recall asking a similar question previously, and have lost track when.

Over the past couple of days I seem to have a recurring problem of being told to install Abode Flash Player when I open certain websites. Not every time though. YouTube seems to suffer the most.

When I go through the download and install procedure, I am informed the installation was successful or that I already have Abode Flash Player installed on the computer. With the end result it either works or it doesn't.

Any idea as to what is going on, and how do I resolve the issue that I am faced with again.

spuds 12:31 27 Sep 14

Forgot to mention: Windows 7 Home Premium (regular updated)

rdave13 12:42 27 Sep 14

I'm on a tablet at the moment but you should see flash player listed in control panel I think and can open it to check settings.

Woolwell 12:55 27 Sep 14

Which browser are you using?

rdave13 14:26 27 Sep 14

You could try this, close all browsers and go to control panel, view by large icons, open flash player 32-bit. You should see the flash player settings manager. Select the advanced tab, under Browsing data and settings select the delete all tab. In the new window just have the top box ticked and click on the delete data tab. Note if you have any flash games with saved data it will be lost. Close the manager and see how flash is working in your browser.

spuds 14:55 27 Sep 14

Woolwell - "Which browser are you using?"

Mainly Firefox (general use), then Google Chrome (mainly PCA website) with Internet Explorer a poor last (due to past problems).

rdave13

Not long arrived home, and due to go out again, so I will re-read your 2.26pm post later. One question though. You have mentioned 32 bit, the W7 O/S on the computer is 64 bit. Will this make a difference, or am I jumping the gun, so to say.

rdave13 17:14 27 Sep 14

My system is 64-bit but Firefox is 32-bit and Flash player is 32-bit in control panel.

Woolwell 17:25 27 Sep 14

You can check Flash through Adobe Flash Player. It verifies your installation and you can check if it is ok.

Woolwell 17:29 27 Sep 14

Firefox may need a later version but check that McAfee Safe Scan is not installed with it.

spuds 12:55 28 Sep 14

Just popped in to say that I am still on this.

Apparently I now have Abode Flash Player on Google Chrome.

Firefox doesn't seem to want to load Flash Player. Approx 33% through download it freezes, then delay with eventual error message that "the connection was terminated -try later". Same results after trying later, including using a different download site.

With Internet Explorer, again trying to download flash player as brought further problems, including redirection to other websites. Ended up with 'Astromedia Search', which was apparently removed by ADWCleaner and Junkware Removal, but Astromedia is still showing up in browsers.

Not a very good day, so I will leave this for a bit, and return later.

Is there an alternative recommended programme that I can use instead of Flash Player, that does the same job.

Woolwell 15:40 28 Sep 14

Chrome effectively has Flash built in.

There isn't another program as far as I am aware but there are other browsers. YOu should only use Adobe's download.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…