Abit NF7-S Query

Pikachu 23:39 15 Nov 03

Hi
I have an Abit NF7-S Motherboard. I have placed the heatsink fan on the board only having to find myself not able to connect it directly to the fan connector (on the board). Therefore need an 3 pin extension cable so that the heatsink cable can fit on to the board. A 3 pin connector came with my Abit board so I have connected the end that goes to the heatsink correctly and the end that goes to the board. Now there is an extra connection which I dont know where it goes its got a PCB Connector sticker on it. Firstly what is the PCB Connector? Where does this connection get connected to? Do i have to fix it to something? Can anyone help?

Thanks for all responses
Sam

Giggle n' Bits 23:43 15 Nov 03

if it is a 4pin, its not clear if this is needed to be connected to a spare free Power supply connector or can be left not connected.

You will have to wait to see when power on the HS Fan spins without it connected. If it doesn't then you will need to connect a free power supply connector to it.

Pikachu 09:17 16 Nov 03

Thanks for the response. No its not 4 pin the PCB Fan Connector To Motherboard is similar to the heatsink fan connection that is already to the motherboard. (it hasnt got pins sticking out of it its a female connector.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…