Abit NF7-S Motherboard

allstar 21:29 24 May 03

Martin T-B was helping me here click here

The final query I have about this board is about the USB connections.

The spec of the board states that the internal I/O connectors include 2 USB headers. Also, there are 2 USB I/O ports on the back panel.

My question is do I have to use the internal header connections for the 2 ports on the back panel and then buy a PCI USB hub for any further USB devices.

billyliv 08:05 25 May 03

Hi, In my experience the onboard internal USB header connections are for front panel connections. the rear USB slots are already connected to the controllers on the board. I will have a look at your board specs. Cheers, Bill

Gongoozler 11:34 25 May 03

I think you'll find that billyliv is right. The normal configuration is for the motherboard to have a permanently connected dual USB socket at the back and a header that allows you to fit another dual USB socket wherever you want. You can get a rear panel usb bracket to fit in a pci card position, or you can get a front panel socket to fit in a drive position such as this one from Ebuyer click here. Some cases already have front USB sockets fitted. Be aware, though, that there is not a standard configuration for the motherboard header so you must check the connections against your motherboard manual before connecting or you could damage the motherboard or your expensive USB peripheral device.

allstar 11:37 25 May 03

billyliv and Gongoozler.

Thankyou both for your help. It is much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…