ABIT KT7A-RAID Bios Flashing

Col 17:59 07 Aug 04

Has anyone compiled an idiots guide to flash Bios in KT7A-RAID MOBO?
Thank you Col

Chegs ® 18:04 07 Aug 04
  Smiler 18:56 07 Aug 04

Taken from the page pointed to by Chegs ®

Caution: If your system is in good working condition without encountering any conflicts, we strongly recommend you don't update the BIOS. Only upgrade the BIOS when you are encounter difficulties, or the BIOS modified items are useful to you. Updating may resulting in incompatibility problems, we can't guarantee all the products on the market are compatible with the BIOS. However, incorrect operation of flash procedure may also result in damaging the board.

What is your problem withe the board?

Col 19:24 07 Aug 04

Hi there I purchased a 160GB HDD to install on IDE 3 Highpoint HPT 370 but Win XP won't accept HPT 370 Driver. I've been told to upgrade the BIOS including Hipoint Raid. Thanks to Chegs & Smiler. Col

jakimo 21:49 07 Aug 04

If your mobo is the Abit kt7a-raid ver.1.1 or 1.2 just follow the mobo bios download instructions.

if your mobo is ver.1.3 download the flash menu,this will load the latest bios which is automatically flashed from windows,with no risks attached (no need for floppy disc etc)Ive tried both versions and had no problems

click here

jakimo 21:59 07 Aug 04

I should have mentioned that for ver.1.1 and 1.2 you have to select the bios that suits your needs

with ver.1.3 you have no choice it will automatically download the very latest bios

Col 22:32 07 Aug 04

Thanks jekimo, I am having a problem self extracting if you can tell me step by step how to do this and then transfer to floppy I would be greatfull, I am worried I might not get all required files on floppy.
Thanks for your time Col

jakimo 12:15 08 Aug 04

What version of windows are you using,and what version is your mobo?

Col 12:19 08 Aug 04

Win XP Home KT7A-RAID v1.0

Smiler 15:11 08 Aug 04

Have you tried downloading the highpoint drivers here click here

Smiler 15:42 08 Aug 04

This site is no longer maintained click here but is always worth a look. When I first built my computer it was a very useful guide so there may be something in there for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now