Ability Office 3.0

Ungrynell 15:43 04 Jun 04

I am an IT tutor and have a student who cannot afford Microsoft Office. I found PC advisor cover disk with Ability Office 3.0 from the Nov 2001 issue which I have never used and thought this would be ideal.

Having loaded and installed the Ability Office suite everything is working fine with the exception of text insertion in the word processing. When we type the text is all overtyped on screen. What I mean is all the letters are one on top of the other, like we used to have to do in the early days of WP to have foreign symbols over or under text.

I've checked the settings for fonts and paragraph formatting and can't see any reason why this is happening. The suite says it is fully registered but I know that Ability Office is no longer freely downloadable so fear my chances of getting help from the software company are nil.

Any assistance that anyone could give would be really appreciated as I'm totally baffled by this.

Thanks,
Helen

Simsy 15:57 04 Jun 04

and it wasn't a problem I had... thought there were a few other minor issues...

I would suggest a the following, in this order;

1)If the student want to particularly stay with Ability Office, try a re-install. (Also note that the latest version of Abilty is imminent... it may be that the current version, which is better thatn what you have, may become available on coverdisc more readily. Something Called "Abilty Office Essentials" was on another coverdisc recently. I think the only drawback of significance, if I remember correctly, was that the WordProcessor wouldn't export in rtf format)

2)Ability Office is available as OEM for about £15, (when bought with hardware). This might be an option. Try click here

3)Consider other free suites particularly;

OpenOffice at click here

EasyOffice at click here

602 at click here

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…