Abbyyfine reader and scanning problems

lahorie 12:26 30 May 04

Hi guys.

Can anyone help on this problem.

Using abbyfine ver 5.0 (ver 7.0 on trial at the moment)to scan in documents with graphics and background colours as part of my project.

The trouble is, when i save the document as RTF or DOC it loses the background colours, goes to just white background. Is there any way after making changes to the documents in word that i can them revert it back to its original background colours and graphics whilst keeping the changes?
I have Photoshop 7.0 and Coreldraw 11, but so far have been unable to do so.

Any help about thisor on any other software packages known hat may help gratefully appreciated.

Totally-braindead 12:42 30 May 04

Don't know anything about the Abbyfine program but have you tried scanning from photoshop. If you go to file then acquire I think it is it gives you the option to get material from the scanner. You could give it a try anyway.

Wak 14:25 30 May 04

Hi, I use Abbyy Fine Reader which I find to be excellent.
Regarding the colour problem, if I transfer the DOC page into my Lotus Word Pro program, I can alter the Background colour to whatever I wish under File/ Document Properties/ Page / Page Layout/ 2nd tab then Background colour.
I would have thought other Word programs would have been similar.

Stuartli 14:41 30 May 04

I installed ABBEYFineReader 7.0 from the January edition of PCW and then found out there was a 34MB update on the ABBEY website...

Fortunately my son has broadband and put it on a CD-RW for me....:-)

But, so far, I've not had any need to use it so can't comment on your query.

Stuartli 14:42 30 May 04

Sorry, that should have read 5.0 Pro version, not 7.0.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…