AArrrrgggggg - ATi RADEON 9600 pro help

Cloggsy 15:16 17 Jun 05

I'm running an ATi RADEON 9600 Pro (256Mb) card in my machine & I've had no problem with it until today... I keep getting the following 'Warning' message from XP Pro; "WARNING - The ATi Control Panel failed to initialize because no ATi driver is installed, or ATi driver is not working properly. The ATi Control Panel will now exit."

I've tried uninstallingall the ATi drivers, control Panel & Hydrovision etc but to no avail... I've also looked for new drivers etc - I'm not sure why this is happeneing, but I've just had an update for windows XP, could this be a reason?

HELP! :o(

Mike D 15:24 17 Jun 05

Cloggsy

I don't know why its happened, I use a 9500 Pro with no problems (yes I've just had a windows update too). I downloaded the latest Catalyst 5.6 drivers from click here and they are great. They may solve your problem.

Mike

Cloggsy 15:32 17 Jun 05

I'll try than & let you know... Cheers for now Mike ;o)

Cloggsy 15:42 17 Jun 05

Nope, same error message displayed :o(...

Cloggsy 10:07 18 Jun 05

I've sorted this...

I downloaded the ATI removal tool from: click here Then re-installed the drivers & software from the CD & hey-presto... All working again!

The driver must have become corrupted at some stage???

Mike D 12:10 18 Jun 05

Thank goodness for that! I'd exhausted my limited knowledge already.

Good on yer.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…