Aaaargh. help me get wireless connected please!!

geeeeeee 18:33 05 Nov 06

Hi there. Recently bought a belkin g plus mimo router and an advent laptop. The idea was to use my old lap top wired into the cable (telewest) modem and use the new lap top wireless. it has taken me a week with the help of a mate who knows a bit more than me to get the advent connected. At the mo its wired into the router. If its unplugged the laptop notifies me that it has found a wireless network - my belkin - but cannot make the connection. initially i spoke to the belkin help line and they did some diagnostics on the router and laptop and somehow got me onto their web site. Went thru a few windows n told me that i needed a password n host name i think from my cable supplier. spoke to telewest broadband n they told me this dosent exist. So am left without wireless n think that as i can get connected "wired in" its got to be something in my laptop settings. I know this seems really long winded but can anyone help me out here?

postie24 18:50 05 Nov 06

Hope this helps click here

postie24 18:52 05 Nov 06

Or try this click here

taffhughes 14:10 06 Nov 06

I am a firm believer of networkmagic

All it took me was 5 minutes to share my BB, printer and files over two desktops and 1 laptop

Free/Trial download lasts 30 day's before some features become restricted.

But I found it so good I paid for the full licence version.

Download it from click here

It cured all of my wireless network problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5