Aaaaaarrrgghhhh! Wi Fi Connectivity problem

Dimple_u 20:00 26 Dec 05

Hi!
Desperately need help!

I had bought a Dlink router (DI-624) a year ago to connect two laptops (A&B) at home. Everything worked just fine and I had no problmes. Then my router got busted and so i bought another DI-624. Now, for some horrible reason, laptop A will not connect wirelessly to the Internet via the router, though Laptop B has no problmes establishing a wireless connection.

I can connect laptop A to the Internet via a cable, though, which is attached to my router.

I have tried repairing the connection etc and I get the message that the network could not assign the computer with an IP address. I have no idea if my laptop is busted or is it the router or is it some other settings related issue?

Any sugestions will be appreciated. Let me just say here that I know nothing of "pinging" and wouldn't be able to do it unless specific instructions were given....sorry....i'm just a lay person when it comes to networking.

Thanks!

seedie 20:31 26 Dec 05

I assume you're connecting via external plug radio cards; can you swap them over and see if A will connect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…