A8N-SLI Sound Question

c4rmo 15:38 15 Dec 05

I have just built a system with the above motherboard. My question is wot sound drivers do i exactley install ? realtek or Nvidia ?

i installed the latest nvidia forceware drivers and i had the nvmixer on my taskbar and my sound worked with the nvidia driver. But on the motherboard cd i have realtek drivers. I was under the impression that this mobo came with realtek onboard sound and not nvidia ??

wot drivers do i install ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:12 15 Dec 05

Realtek ALC850, 8-channel CODEC
Audio Sensing and Enumeration Technology
Coaxial/Optical S/PDIF out ports on back I/O

load the real tek drivers for optimum performance of the onboard sound

PaulB2005 18:28 15 Dec 05

Or install the latest AMD nForce 4 drivers - click here

These also have the sound driver built in.

c4rmo 19:55 15 Dec 05

PaulB2005 those nforce drivers are not the realtek drivers this is why i am confused

Yes those Realtek alc850 drivers i have downloaded as they are the same as on the mobo cd but was is the ac97 drivers ??

PaulB2005 20:54 15 Dec 05

I have the same motherboard and used the nVidia drivers for 6 months until this week when i switched to a separate Sound Card.

The Forceware Drivers are graphics drivers and have nothing to do with the Motherboard or the sound.

The nForce4 drivers are the motherboard drivers and contain the sound drivers. The drivers i the nVidia package work with the on board sound just fine. I used the 6.53, 6.66 and 6.70 versions with no problems.

As far as i can see you can use either the Realtek or the nVidia. Realtek make the sound processor but nVidia have included drivers in the nForce4 drivers for the motherboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…