A4 vs Letter, sharing docs with USA

silverous 14:33 25 Oct 07

Hi,

Our american investors have asked for some data in spreadsheets however they complain that they have issues printing because it is formatted for a4. They've asked for paper copies but there has to be a better way. How does it work with a pdf - I've never noticed pdfs from US companies formatted for letter format, do they get resized to fit ?

I'm not clear why they can't open up the spreadsheets and reformat to letter but I am not about to ask them that as their wish is my command :) Just thinking of the trees!

Kind Regards,

Paul

silverous 14:53 25 Oct 07

It looks like acrobat may be the way forward. It suddenly occured to me....why don't I get "Load Letter" errors when I print pdfs sourced from the US/U.S. companies.... it is because I believe by default PDFs are resized/scaled when printed to your printer format. So on that basis if I send them a4 formatted pdfs of the sheets they should be fine?

€dstowe 15:08 25 Oct 07

We do a lot of business with Canadian companies and, such is its value, we always use letter size pages when doing their work. It isn't too much of a problem for us, nor is it a problem to use an American dictionary/spell checker in Word - in fact Word automatically switches to US English.

Batch 18:26 25 Oct 07

Use Letter (8.5" x 11") - A4 is 8.26" x 11.69"

So Letter will (with reasonable margins) fit onto both Letter & A4. Whereas A4 often fails to fit Letter.

silverous 18:55 25 Oct 07

In the end I went for pdf. In reader it seems to default to scaling to local printer paper size thereby adding to its position as the standard in international document exchange I suupose! Thanks for input.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…