A3 printer recommendation?

Simsy 12:13 10 Apr 07

Folks,

My son is shortly to commence his last year at university doing graphic design. He's indicated that an A3 printer would be useful for next year so we're thinking of geting him one for his birthday in July...

I am searching but I'm open to any suggestions or reviews. Text repro isn't really important, and, frankly, I'm not sure that photo repro, (i.e. on photo paper) is the be all and end all either, but obviously good graphic repro is important.

I'm not even sure what the budget is... but I'm thinking sub £150 if possible?

Comments/reviews observations welcome.

Thanks,

Regards,

Simsy

Woolwell 14:28 10 Apr 07

I'm not sure that you can get an A3 printer for less than £150.

I have use of an HP 1280 which is one of the cheaper ones. Review: click here

We don't use it for graphic design but are satisfied with it for our use. As for most inkjets it doesn't seem to be as fast as advertised.

pj123 14:40 10 Apr 07

I have two friends who have the Epson 1290 A3 printer. Both say it is very good, both for text printing and photo colour printing.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be available any more. It may be worth looking on eBay?

Stuartli 14:51 10 Apr 07

Epson now does the R1800 at around £325.

click here

However Woolwell's mention of the HP 1280 turns one up at £173 at the same source:

click here

I seem to remember Kate B (?) asked the same question a while back and we learned that there was only one A3 printer on the market at that time.

Stuartli 14:52 10 Apr 07

HP even cheaper here:

click here

Simsy 22:50 10 Apr 07

Much appreciated.

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…