a2squared Expiry Problem

spuds 17:34 17 Oct 04

I installed the a2squared download from click here This was the free version, but today the programme as informed me that the download programme as expired, and will no longer work.

I have checked the a2 site,and I cannot find anything suggesting that the free programme is a trial timed basis programme. I have tried various methods of re-activation, without success. I have also made attempts at re-installing a new download, but whatever I attempt it ends in the same situation. I cannot re-activate the programme, using the supplied code, and I am unable to open a new account, as the site informs me that I already have an active account.When I followed the site instructions, I was issued with a response email confirming the details of the previously supplied activation code, which no longer seems to work.

If you use this programme, can you please tell me what is going wrong. Is the free download time limited. Do I need to purchase the product.

alan227 17:38 17 Oct 04

I too had a2squared and went to update it and it said to update it i had to purchase it so i deleted it.
A free program should be free, as you sad there was nothing said about it being a time limited program.

spuds 17:38 17 Oct 04

I seem to be supplying wrong links. a2squared is available via click here

spuds 17:43 17 Oct 04

Thanks alan227 for the quick response.Your thoughts are similar. The a2 website give the option of purchase or free,I also chose free.Perhaps someone as the answer to this!.

€dstowe 17:47 17 Oct 04

The site seems designed to make you think you're clicking for the free version when, in fact, it is the paid for edition. The free version takes a lot of seeking out and one wrong click of the mouse means you have missed out.

Thumbs down to them for this.

spuds 18:19 17 Oct 04

€dstowe- Agree with you.I attempted to re-install the free programme, to no avail.Previous registered account seems to cause a lockout. Must buy situation!.

bertiecharlie 18:25 17 Oct 04

spuds.

I'm sure if you tell them what has happened on their forum, they will be able to help out click here

You'll need to register at the top of their page before you can start a new topic.

Eastender 18:28 17 Oct 04

I got my version from click here? and it definitely says 'Freeware' and I've been using it and getting updates for at least a couple of months.

spuds 18:41 17 Oct 04

bertiecharlie-- Thanks for suggestion.May need to go that way,if nothing unfolds here.

Eastender--Thanks for response. I used that site previously and today. Managed to get previous updates from a2,but tried check today and was informed of expired programme.

feb 19:36 17 Oct 04

Maybe I should start a new thread, but is this program any good it doesn't seem to find anything like as much as Ad-Aware

jimv7 19:43 17 Oct 04

I had the same problem, and uninstalled a2, however having just downloaded the a2 freeware again, and installing it with my original code, all is now working fine.

Just make sure that you download the a2 'free' and not a2 personal edition.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…