a2 through a proxy server

Madscot_uk 18:58 06 Oct 05

I am connected to the web through a proxy server at uni. All my other spyware/Av software has settings to allow for this, but i cannot find it in a2, can anyone point me in the right direction? I know the proxy address and port, just need to get a2 to use it.

Cheers

ade.h 20:04 06 Oct 05

I can't find any options for this in the free version that most people use. Can't speak for the corporate version.

ade.h 20:04 06 Oct 05

I assume you're using the free version.

Madscot_uk 20:08 06 Oct 05

Yes, being a student free is always good!

ade.h 20:19 06 Oct 05

It's a great program, very good at what it does, but it has virtually no options beyond the choice of language.

Madscot_uk 20:20 06 Oct 05

Bugger, is there any way of downloading the definitions seperately into the directory that a2 uses?

ade.h 20:35 06 Oct 05

Don't think so, though I've never had the need to find out. Could try asking Emsisoft. Or maybe the definitions just reside in a program sub-folder and could be copied from another A2 installation. Maybe...

Madscot_uk 08:54 07 Oct 05

Looking through the FAQ's on the A squared website, i found that it uses the settings within IE to connect (my primary browser is firefox), put the proxy details into IE and bingo....update away!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…