a2 squared

pat2068 22:24 25 Nov 04

trying to remove a2 but it wont remove the file a2contmenu.dll have tried in safe mode have tried reinstalling but it wont let me do that either can anyone help me remove this file thanks leo

Jackcoms 23:01 25 Nov 04

Download and run Issues. It removes 'leftovers' from un-installed software. You can safely delete anything it finds click here

Spark6 23:57 25 Nov 04

Issues!!!

What issues? C Cleaner?

bertiecharlie 00:59 26 Nov 04

MoveOnBoot should get rid of the dll file from click here

On the web page, click on File Utilities and scroll down to the bottom of the page to Old Version (Freeware). After installing, right click the dll file and in the context menu you will have an option "Delete file(s) on the next boot".

Jackcoms 08:28 26 Nov 04

Spark6

I take it you don't have CCleaner.

'Issues' is one of the clean up options available within CCleaner.

Spark6 09:48 26 Nov 04

Many thanks for the info.

I have C Cleaner but have used it only once, found it rather severe!

I'll gen up on 'issues'.

Thanks again

Jackcoms 10:06 26 Nov 04

Spark6

CCleaner is one of the best free registry and crap cleaners available and is regularly recommended in these Forums.

It does appear severe, particularly the first time you run 'Issues', because there is usually a lot of redundant bits and pieces to clean out, especially if you have installed and un-installed a lot of software in the past!

Thereafter, especially if used regularly, you'll find there is a lot less rubbish for it to deal with.

You can safely delete anything that it finds.

If you're a bit nervous it does give you the option to back up your registry before deleting stuff.

For what it's worth, I've been using it for about 6 months now, I've NEVER backed up my registry and never had any problems with it.

Sparky3327 12:26 26 Nov 04

A friend has recently both upgraded to XP and changed to broadband.
His web pages now load very slowly and have big blank areas on them.
He has also started to get a message up all the time telling him to connect to Global E-access.
I think it may be a virus but he hasn't been able to detect anything using AVG.
He has a 40Gb HDD and 1.7Gb processor.
Any ideas?
Grezza.

Sparky3327 12:27 26 Nov 04

Sorry about that, I'll post it where it should go!!

Graham ® 12:30 26 Nov 04

Suggest you start your own thread with 'Start new subject'. This thread is closed, so not many people will look at it now.

Graham ® 12:31 26 Nov 04

Crossed in post! Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…