A2 gone mental?

Chegs ®™ 17:19 09 Dec 05

XP Home +SP-2

15Gb IDE(OS on)

2x120Gb SATA

Just had another update to A-Squared,went to run A2 and it gets to 2213 scanned objects click here where it stops scanning,then returns to the startup screen of A2 click here I haven't altered anything within A2,and have used it daily for months without any troubles.

I have tried uninstalling A2 and reinstalling,this hasn't done anything to resolve my problem,still gets to 2213 scanned objects then switches straight to the startup screen of A2.

VoG II 17:22 09 Dec 05

Try empyting IE temporary files and scanning again.

Chegs ®™ 17:27 09 Dec 05

I have just run ccleaner,A2 now does the same at 2209 scanned objects.I have always had IE set to empty temp files when browsers closes,but will try manually deleting any residue from Temp folder(incase ccleaner misses anything)

jimv7 18:37 09 Dec 05

XP pro sp2, just updated and run scan without a glitch.

Chegs ®™ 19:22 09 Dec 05

I have only got one file in temp folder (Perflib_Perfdata_354.dat)which is 16kb size.I also used "IE/Tools/Internet Options" to "delete files" and "delete cookies" but still have this A2 problem,all that occurs with each attempt to fix it is the "scanned objects" count changes slightly.

Chegs ®™ 19:53 09 Dec 05

I gave up relying on IE Options to delete the Temporary Internet Files,booted up from my PE Tools CD,and used DOS to dispose of everyting in these folders.OK I had to re-enter my username/passwords for my fav sites,but A2 is now happily whizzing thru the thousands of folders on my PC(presently at 22,300 and counting)

Resolved,thanks for the suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…