A2 - False Positive

johndrew 19:19 26 Jun 06

I did a scan yesterday and had 8 hits that meant nothing to me. I have run other checkers (Ad-Aware, SpyBot and Defender) with no reports of this nature. The only possible source that I can think of is RootkitRevealer which I downloaded a few days back.

I am adding only one as an example as the only difference between them is the CLID number.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{35B8892D-C3FB-4D88-990D-31DB2EBD72BD}\InprocServer32 --> ThreadingModel Trace.Registry.iMesh 6

Can anyone confirm whether they are false positives or do I have a problem?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Chris Webster 20:25 26 Jun 06

You could also try posting your question here too click here

Cheers Chris.

sunny staines 07:58 27 Jun 06

click here

see the thread it is covered near the end.

sunny staines 07:59 27 Jun 06

sorry wrong spyware...ignore above

johndrew 16:24 28 Jun 06

Thanks for your response.

I posted as you suggested (after finding I had forgotten my password - come to that I had forgotten I`d registered!!) and today found an addition to my post from a guy in Hong Kong with the same question.

There was also a response from Emsisoft which I don`t fully understand but believe to mean it was something to do with the scanner software which has now been fixed. The actual words are below:

`Fixed. Seems to be a double usage of the same ClsIDs.`

Maybe you could confirm my interpretation or correct me.

Thanks again for your help.

Chris Webster 20:44 28 Jun 06

johndrew,

From what I can gather the false positive problem has been fixed with the next A-Squared online update. Have you downloaded the latest updates. If not, update then run the scan again.

Cheers Chris.

johndrew 11:32 29 Jun 06

Chris Webster,

I always try to stay up to date with anti-malware and have updated yesterday and scanned again. No repeat of the 8 hits so it looks as if the problem is fixed.

Many thanks for your help & advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…