a2 2.5 beta & false positive

brigtoo 01:42 21 Jun 07

ive just scanned with a2 2.5 beta for the first time and it reports Trace.Registry.Mirar.
i googled it and a number of other forums have posts treating this as a false positive.
has anyone got any info. before i delete it and cause chaos. i have it quarantined at the moment

C3 03:51 21 Jun 07

A Squared is now on version 3. Might be worth updating!

As far as I know, a2 uses heuristic scanning so can pick up false positives. If you can't find any definite proof that this entry is part of some spyware, I'd be tempted to un-quarantine it.

Try scanning with other anti-spyware (such as Adaware or Spybot) and see if they pick up anything.

cocteau48 06:06 21 Jun 07

Hi brigtoo
I have had the same trace registry.Mirar result and I am using version 3 of A squared - and that was after running a scan with the new Spybot version 1.5 which found nothing.
Another false positive from A squared methinks.
I shall leave in quarantine at the mo'.

Dipso 06:54 21 Jun 07

I downloaded v3 (supposedly) yesterday, the interface showed it as v3 but when I opened Device Manager (due to the progam freezing!) that showed it as 2.5 Beta? I wouldn't have downloaded a Beta if I'd have known as I run Visa and have enough problems with software as it is LOL!

birdface 08:56 21 Jun 07

In configuration ,Make sure that you have Install Beta Up-dates unticked,I must admit I downloaded the Beta version when it came out,And got a false positive on that,So deleted it,and downloaded the normal version,So far no more false positives.

jolorna 09:00 21 Jun 07

todays update has sorted it

brigtoo 10:13 21 Jun 07

installed a2 3.0, quick scan found nothing.
superantisp. found nothing
avgas found nothing
spybot 1.5 found nothing, but as it is in quarantine, would these find it.
question is should i delete, un-quarantine and rescan or leave as is.

jolorna 10:44 21 Jun 07

a2 3 is usa & a2 beta 2.5 is uk depending on which you have set it to have you updated today and put the item back in from quarantine and run a full scan yet, mine went after the latest update

brigtoo 11:10 21 Jun 07

a2 3 updated to-day re-installed Mirar, ran full scan with a2. item still there. have quarantined.
the fact that v3 is usa & v2.5 is uk, shouldnt effect anything, should it, as i installed v3 over v2.5., without removing the latter.

cocteau48 08:29 01 Jul 07

Have just completed my usual weekly deep scan wit
h "a squared" and Trace.Registry.Mirar is back again. Last weeks find of the same item is still in quarantine.
It may or may not be a false positive but does anyone have any idea as to its source?

Trace.Registry.Mirar description
also seems possible that a false posititve
extract
You can ignore that traces alert if there are no other components of the Mirar Spyware detected too.

Deleting that key should not cause any conflicts.
from
You can ignore that traces alert if there are no other components of the Mirar Spyware detected too.

Deleting that key should not cause any conflicts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now