98se to XP

woodchip 21:12 03 Dec 05

I want to get access to a XP laptop on my Network, It will work OK the other way round I can get at a External drive and Printers from Wireless Laptop to Wired to Router Win98se computer. But need to know how to get Permission to get at my D:\Drive on the XP Laptop

Skills 21:16 03 Dec 05

Have you set the d: drive on your laptop to a shared resource? right click on the drive properties | sharing tab

woodchip 21:21 03 Dec 05

Yes but it says from 98 the above.

woodchip 22:03 03 Dec 05

This is the exact Message that I get when I try to Access XP Laptop "No Permission to access Resource"

VoG II 22:09 03 Dec 05

Not much help but click here

woodchip 23:06 03 Dec 05

Thank's VoG™ but no go, I have looked every where for settings on laptop

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:47 04 Dec 05

Access Files
If you get Access Denied in WinXP Pro.

Try “taking ownership” of the file/folder before it can be accessed.

First of all go to Folder Options, View Tab and in the Advanced Settings at the end, untick “Use simple file sharing”, which will allow the Security Tab to be shown in the file’s properties.
Also, in Folder options, make sure hidden and system files can be viewed.

To take ownership of the file (it’s best done at the folder level), right-click it, Properties, Security Tab, add your user name, fill in all the permissions and Apply. You can now access it.

woodchip 11:51 04 Dec 05

Fruit Bat /\0/
I can get at My Win98se Desktop from the XP Laptop and XP desktop but cannot get at ether XP computer fils Drives

woodchip 11:52 04 Dec 05

Fruit Bat /\0/
I can get at My Win98se Desktop from the XP Laptop and XP desktop but cannot get at ether XP computer fils Drives

woodchip 13:31 04 Dec 05

Not Resolved But not getting any response

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…