98 2 xp pro

devlin 11:32 16 Apr 07

I have installed xp an oem version on a clean formatted hd everything is ok but I want to use some data on a 3 1/2" floppy disc but I get the disc is not fofmatted message does this mean I cannot access this disc also how do I get my @ back to the @ button its on the 2 button
Dev

MAJ 11:59 16 Apr 07

Your keyboard is set to English (US), set it to English (UK) in Control Panel > Regional and Language Options. That will cure the keys problem.

devlin 12:14 16 Apr 07

Tried the key thing no luck will try later in case I am getting it wrong
Dev

MAJ 12:19 16 Apr 07

Okay, step by step: Open Control Panel > Regional and Language Options, click on the Languages tab, then the 'Details' button. On the Settings tab choose "English(United Kindom)" from the dropdown menu in the 'Default Input Language' section. Click Apply and OK to exit.

devlin 12:35 16 Apr 07

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""Nope sorry must be me
but it refuses to change
Dev

MAJ 13:06 16 Apr 07

Go into that section and change everything so that it reads "English(United Kindom)" Apply the changes and then try rebooting the PC.

devlin 13:07 16 Apr 07

Wil do Ta
Dev

devlin 13:15 16 Apr 07

@@@@@@ weehoo success
TA Maj

devlin 13:18 16 Apr 07

Still got the A drive prob any ideas
Dev

MAJ 13:18 16 Apr 07

I thought I was going mad there, Dev, lol. Glad it's working now.

MAJ 13:22 16 Apr 07

I hate to say it, but usually that message means that the disk is corrupt. But there are programs that will let you try to get the data off the disk. PCInspector is one if I remember correctly. click here

There are numerous threads about recovering data, I'll do a search.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009