harps1h 19:00 31 May 04

400 watt psu
amd 2800+
dfi nf11 ultra mobo
1024mb crucial pc400
9600xt 256mb card
win. prof. on a maxtor 80 gb hdd
all running at default

the problem seems to be that whenever i first boot the system i get the message "no signal" i then reboot and it generally comes up ok.however that it is not always the case and it may give the boot up screen and when the wins. screen comes up it is very fuzzy and degenerates very quickly, this may continue a couple of times, and then it will be ok.
other times it will boot with no problems.
sometimes when i play intensive games like call of duty when i finish playing and go back to windows it also comes up with no signal.

do you have any suggestions as to any settings that i would need to alter, or is the card developing a fault?
overclockers where i bought the card suggested it maybe the psu, as well as a fourum member there.
bit confused at this point.
any body confirm this or suggest other possible remedies

BeForU 21:09 31 May 04

It could well be a faulty card or that the molex connector that gives power to the card is faulty itself. Try switching molex connectors to see if that solves it. If not then it could may well be the PSU. The 400Watts is plenty enough for your specs so that has nothing to do with it.

edac 21:13 31 May 04

I have had identical problems (also "out of range" error messages) with my upgraded/rebuilt system. System similar to yours but has Asus A7V600 mobo, AMD3200+ and Maxtor SATA120Gb HDD. The "no signal" message also appeared unexpectedly and at random while the PC was in use eg. some games would produce the error whilst others were OK. If I set the ATI SmartGart to x8AGP the errors appear but the system is stable if I set it to x4AGP. Also I have to set the memory frequency in BIOS to "Auto" and not "400" otherwise I get other error messages.
Hope this makes sense as I can't claim to be anything other than an enthusiastic novice.

harps1h 22:31 31 May 04

there is no molex connector on this card as it draws its power through the agp port. the only connector is the 3 pin for the fan.

harps1h 23:45 03 Jun 04

swopped the graphics card for an old ati 9000........ instant boot up. so there you have it a faulty card.
hopefully mr overclocker is up to his word on the phone and a replacement will wing it's way to me when they receive mine

harps1h 23:45 03 Jun 04

swopped the graphics card for an old ati 9000........ instant boot up. so there you have it a faulty card.
hopefully mr overclocker is up to his word on the phone and a replacement will wing it's way to me when they receive mine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…