'95 Program not supported in XP any workaround

Sethhaniel 15:34 04 Mar 04

Program DaviMusic'98 Music Cataloguer -which has not been supported by the firm for XP - As it was a main prog I used before updating to XP and want to continue with it -
Some one suggested an 95 emulator to run it in -Any Suggestions another to partitian disk with windows '98 - Any other suggestions welcome-
The Program just hogs XP memory and locks up computer

plsndrs3 15:40 04 Mar 04

Have you tried right clicking the program icon, choosing the properties option> selecting compatability tab> choosing 'run as' windows 95? This is supposedly a workaround from Microsoft.

anon1 15:42 04 Mar 04

dont know what its like but try this click here

anon1 15:43 04 Mar 04
  Sethhaniel 15:44 04 Mar 04

and let you know tomorrow

keith-236785 17:23 04 Mar 04

Have you ever got that compatability thing to work, i haven't......

only thing i could do with old games/apps was to bin them and try to find xp alternatives.

sorry i dont have an answer, except to run a dual boot setup with windows98 and xp.

plsndrs3 21:24 04 Mar 04

I have only had 2 programs which had compatability issues when I moved from 95 to XP home - one of them I decided I could do without & the other I was about to upgrade anyhow - so I actually haven't used it. I have a couple of mates with REALLY old software [like others on the forum, they see no point in upgrading just for the sake of upgrading] and this has worked OK on their PCs

ventanas 22:09 04 Mar 04

I've never got it work either. Tried it with Vue d' Esprit 2 when I moved to XP because the app wouldn't work. No good at all. Had to give up.

DJ-Garry 23:49 04 Mar 04

I have an old version of Microstudio from Micro Technology Unlimited (v2.314) that I paid for a product key for when I had Win 98se. Running it in XP used to instantly re-boot my machine. Setting it to work in W98 mode runs it perfectly.

Sethhaniel 08:18 05 Mar 04

But just froze the computer - even the task manager froze trying to close it -
Will hang on to try workarounds & hopefully an XP version of DaviMusic will finally appear!!!!!

Sethhaniel 08:47 09 Mar 04

Installation of an application under Windows 98 / 2000 Comptability – mode.

Make a backup of your data and place that on a safe spot.

De-install the application en re-install the application, but now under Comptability mode Windows 98 or Windows 2000.

After installation you are to start the application under the same Comptability mode.

Please put the backup back into the application and the program shall run as normal.

So will try this tonight!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…