906 errors found !

Creditman 21:24 25 May 05

I installed RegClean from PC OnPoint & ran the scan. It found 906 errors - mainly in Registry. I cannot beleive these are serious faults, but is it safe to allow the programme to repair them ? Anyone any experience of this or similar ? Thanks

Technotiger 21:30 25 May 05

Hi, I also use a program called RegClean regularly and let it fix faults. Never had any problems with mine, but I don't know if it is the same RegClean that you have. I think there are several such programs all similarly named.

Technotiger 21:32 25 May 05

ps - the icon for my RegClean looks like a Red/Blue Rubik Cube.

stalion 21:53 25 May 05

if it is the first time you have run a registry scan it it quite feasible you have this many dead items in the registry.Do a independant check with this click here

Technotiger 21:53 25 May 05

This is the RegClean which I use - I thoroughly recommend it.

click here

Cheers.

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:18 26 May 05

I us e a similar programme (regseeker) and find at least 400 errors on most new computers that I have just set up.

G

Creditman 14:43 26 May 05

Thanks guys for the advice. Just 1 question , when it says "select items to repair", how is one supposed to know which ought or ought not to be done ? Or is it OK to select all ?

wee eddie 14:55 26 May 05

You back up your Registry.

You look at the list and that you only remove any items that you can identify as being to do with previously removed items.

You reboot the PC and if all was well, you wait until next week.

In a week's time, you once again back up the Registry and run the Scan once again. This time removing another small group of entries.

While this method might prove a trifle long winded, it will make recovery easier in the event of one of the entries being important.

Technotiger 15:07 26 May 05

The RegClean which I use automatically makes an 'undo' file which you can revert to if necessary - I have never yet found it necessary.

Cheers.

Completealias 16:31 26 May 05

Technotiger is that program xp compatable?

Cheers

Technotiger 16:42 26 May 05

Yes it is - I use XP Home SP2.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…