90 microsoft updates that won't install

Daisy22 16:08 25 Mar 08

Following on from previous problems with switching on/switching off I decided to reload my boot XP disc. It seems to have resolved that problem but now I've tried to download the microsoft updates today, and 90 failed to install.

Any ideas how to get them installed please?

VoG II 16:52 25 Mar 08

Try this click here

ACOLYTE 16:52 25 Mar 08

Did you install the validation tool before it sent you to the dload site?
If i remember right it gives you this option before you even get to the updates.

Daisy22 17:26 25 Mar 08

It asked something about Active X and checking for genuine microsoft software but I didn't get the option to click anything

I wonder if it is something to do with my previous problem - re computer booting up and not shutting down?

I've just done a Spyware scan and it has found 3 trojans

Tracking cookie.yield manager
Tracking cookie.web trends and
Downloader.small sth - it says this one is high risk and is in C\doc&setting\user\cookies\[email protected]d manager (2) txt
can I get rid of this?

I can't seem to start the PC in safe mode, when pressing F8 there doesn't appear to be an option

mark2 19:09 25 Mar 08

If you repaired your XP installation see rather than a clean install see
click here

Daisy22 19:45 25 Mar 08

I downloaded the tool that VoG suggested and managed to install about 40 of the files, but there are still some unable to install.

The PC seems to be having an "off" week, nothing seems to be working as normal.

Technology!

GaT7 19:50 25 Mar 08

Bit tedious, but have you tried installing them one at a time? G

Daisy22 06:58 26 Mar 08

I couldn't work out how to do this, can you advise?

GaT7 11:12 26 Mar 08

Visit the Windows Update site, & run the scan. Select one update to install at a time, & REBOOT if prompted to do so. G

Daisy22 14:00 26 Mar 08

I really don't know what is going on with the PC.

I managed to install all the updates that came up, manually but there is something wrong with Internet Explorer. The only site I can access is Microsoft, and whenever I ask it to download something I just get a frozen screen which won't load up.

I've tried to uninstall Internet Explorer and re install it but the same thing is happening each time.

GaT7 15:37 26 Mar 08

Have all the updates installed correctly? You can use Belarc Advisor to get some idea (it's good but not perfect) click here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017