8mm tape to VHS then to Digital

Pedro Campos 13:53 04 Jul 07

I want to digitalise some old 8MM video tapes, but for that i need to find a way of putting the 8mm tape on a VCR and then connect to VCR to my pc, this last part is the easy part as i have the equipment, but i don't know how to put the 8mm on to the VCR and i cannot fnd an adapter. Any ideas.

Thanks

A-Nonymous 13:54 04 Jul 07

Is it possible? Im not sure.

Totally-braindead 13:58 04 Jul 07

Does the camcorder not have audio and video output sockets?

To be honest with you, if it does the simplest thing is to connect the cancorder direct to a standalone DVD recorder and do it that way. Otherwise you have to convert the video from analogue to digital before you can burn it to disk, its time consumming and takes a lot of processor power and hard drive space.

If you don't have a standalone DVD recorder ask your mates, someone will have one and its the easiest way to do it.

I said all that and am wondering something. You do have an 8mm camcorder don't you and not just the tapes?

Pedro Campos 14:05 04 Jul 07

I don't have the camcorder anymore as it broke about 4 yeas ago and instead of repairing it i bought a digital one, but i still have the tapes.

johndrew 14:20 04 Jul 07

The bad news click here click here

The good(?) news click here or if you want to try click here click here

Totally-braindead 14:27 04 Jul 07

Ask your mates and see if one of them has an 8mm camcorder you can borrow - thats what I'd do anyway.

Pedro Campos 15:17 04 Jul 07

Thanks for your help. I will try to find a 8mm camcorder as this sounds like the cheapest and most practical option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5