8MB Tiscal on offer now

Stuartli 15:26 06 Jun 06

Because I'm away on and off at the moment I haven't noticed if anyone has posted the information that Tiscali is now officially posting "up to 8MB" being available on its website.

Some of us were offered an early opportunity to take it up from sometime in August, so what's changed I'm not sure, unless it only applies to some areas.

Cost is £17.99. Appears expensive compared to TalkTalk.....:-)

spuds 15:33 06 Jun 06

Still haven't had any Tiscali emails of upgrading from 2MB, like other users have. Possibly due to Tiscali not having access to the local BT exchange at present, according to BT and Samknows?.

wilco33 15:35 06 Jun 06

I'm already paying £17.99 for tiscali 2Mb bb so hopefully its good news for me,same cost for more BB speed/capacity.Still,don't know as yet if I'll be asked to pay more for it or if it'll be available here in central Scotland.

Jackcoms 15:38 06 Jun 06

This is what they say (note the "in August):

"Our new £17.99 high speed broadband product. Tiscali MAX Unlimited. will be available to Tiscali customers in August. We are currently undertaking significant re-grade work on customer lines to enable them for higher broadband speeds which is the reason for the short delay from the product being launched on the site to it being available for existing customers. We'll email you in August as soon as the product is ready for you to upgrade to.

In the meantime, please pre register your interest so we can prioritise and prepare your line for Tiscali MAX Unlimited."

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:42 06 Jun 06

Got my email a week ago. Our area is already enabled for 8mb (madasafish).

Stuartli 15:49 06 Jun 06

Most of the UK is now ADSLMax enabled by BT - for details of which ISPs have LLU equipment already installed in exchanges or dates for completion, go to:

click here (note top of the page links)

Carphone Warehouse, for instance, will have more than 1,000 enabled by August 31st.

Jackcoms 15:49 06 Jun 06

click here to check if your exchange is MAX enabled.

Type in your phone number or post code and click 'Check!'

On the next page click on 'BT ADSL'.

Stuartli 15:50 06 Jun 06

ADSLMax enabled BT exchanges details:

click here

Jackcoms 15:52 06 Jun 06

Good link.

What exactly is an "unbundled exchange"?

Stuartli 17:28 06 Jun 06

The LLU represents Local Loop Unbundling i.e. where ISPs have installed their own equipment rather than use that of BT.

My 15:49 posting lists the exchanges already unbundled and those set to be in the near future.

Jimmy14 18:07 06 Jun 06

and after the advisor went and checked with an advisor I got hung up so I phones back and it was the same person. He says my line is not able to support 8mb at the moment but I should wait to I get an confirmation email to say that it will be able to and he says that the current 8mb offer on their website is for new customers only.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…